Heaven in Vermont Grilled Cheese
Cheddar cheese, applewood smoked bacon and maple syrup. What could be more heavenly?
- 1 tablespoon Cabot Salted Butter
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, preferably organic
- 4 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar, sliced
- 6 slices applewood smoked bacon, cooked until crisp
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Top two bread slices with cheese and bacon.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and press
remaining bread slices on top.
- Transfer to skillet and cook slowly until golden on underside, reducing heat
- Turn and cook until sandwiches are golden on second side and cheese is melted.
Makes 2 servings
Recipe and photo credit: Cabot Creamery - cabocheese.coop.