Hot Habanero Cheddar Grilled Cheese
with Guacamole & Roasted Peppers
- 3 medium jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Cabot Salted Butter, softened
- 4 slices multi-grain bread
- 4 ounces Cabot Hot Habanero Cheddar or Cabot Chipotle Cheddar (for less heat), grated (about 1 cup)
- 2 ounces Cabot Cream Cheese
- 4 ounces Wholly Guacamole
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds and ribs.
- In small bowl, toss peppers with oil until well coated.
- Place skin-side up under broiler for about 5 minutes or until skin is browned
- Transfer to small plastic bag to let skin loosen. When cool enough
to handle, remove skin and chop peppers.
- Butter outside of each bread slice.
- Mix cheddar with cream cheese; spread mixture
on unbuttered side of two of bread slices.
- Top each with half of guacamole and jalapenos.
- Add remaining bread slices, butter side out.
- Transfer to skillet over medium heat and cook until golden brown on underside,
then turn and cook until second side is golden and cheese is melted.
Makes 2 servings
Recipe courtesy of Candace Karu, Cabot’s Favorite Foodie.
Reprinted with permission from Cabot Creamy Cooperative - cabotcheese.coop.