Mozzarella Basil Melt
- 6 slices sourdough sandwich bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 fresh basil leaves
- 2 firm-ripe tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil.
- Place three slices, oil side
down, on a 10 x 15-inch baking sheet and layer evenly with basil leaves, tomato
slices and mozzarella slices.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with remaining bread slices, oil side up.
- Broil sandwiches 6 inches from heat, turning once, until
bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes total.
- Serve immediately.