Nacho Grilled Cheese
- 8 slices artisan whole grain bread
- 6 ounces Cedar Grove Organic Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 4 tablespoons pickled jalapeno pepper slices
- 6 ounces Cedar Grove Organic Monterey Jack with Jalapeno Peppers cheese (pepper jack), shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- Top four slices of bread with Monterey Jack, crushed tortilla chips, jalapeno peppers and pepper jack. Top with remaining bread.
- Spread the outsides of sandwiches with butter. Toast one sandwich, covered, in a large skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until the side is golden brown.
- Flip sandwich; cook, uncovered, 2-4 minutes longer or until bread is lightly golden brown and cheeses are melted.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
Yield: 4 sandwiches
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin