Open-Face Bacon-Mushroom Melt
- 8 strips turkey bacon or pork bacon, halved
- 4 slices light whole wheat bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 mushrooms (4 ounces), thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/2 pound Muenster cheese, sliced
- 1 cup alfalfa or other sprouts (optional)
- Place a broiler rack farthest from the heat source, and preheat the broiler (or
a toaster oven).
- Arrange the bacon in a large skillet, and cook over low heat until crisp, turning
occasionally, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Spread the bread with the mayonnaise, and place on a baking sheet.
- Top with the
mushrooms, and season with the salt and pepper.
- Arrange the tomato over the mushrooms.
- Cover with the bacon, and top with the slices of cheese.
- Broil until the cheese melts.
- Top with the sprouts, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Posted by darlene60 at Recipe Goldmine 9:15:27am 6/18/03.