Raspberry-Fontina Grilled Cheese
Fontina cheese is considered one of the most versatile cheeses in the world — it's a great choice
for both snacking and cooking. This mild, buttery cheese melts beautifully in a grilled cheese sandwich.
- 8 slices brioche bread
- 1/2 cup Cello® Rich and Creamy Mascarpone cheese (4 ounces)
- 8 ounces Scray Fontina cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- Spread four slices of bread with mascarpone; layer each with 1/2 cup
- Spread raspberry preserves on the remaining bread.
- Top fontina with bread slices preserves side down.
- Spread the outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- Toast one sandwich, covered, in a warm, large skillet over medium
heat for 2-3 minutes or until the side is golden brown.
- Flip sandwich; cook, uncovered, 2-4 minutes longer or until bread is
lightly golden brown and cheeses are melted.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin