- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon celery, chopped
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 8 slices Provolone cheese
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and sauté onions and shrimp over medium heat
until shrimp are pink.
- Stir in flour and Old Bay seasoning to make a roux.
- Slowly pour in milk, stirring constantly. Allow to thicken.
- Stir in celery and cook until celery is soft.
- Heat oven on broiler setting.
- Spoon mixture over toasted English muffins, top each with a slice of tomato and
- Place under a preheated broiler for 30 seconds to 1 minute or
until cheese is melted.
Makes 4 servings.