Tony's Three-Cheese Colossal Focaccia
This sturdy sandwich is spread with sauce, then stuffed with mushrooms, pepperoni,
three cheeses and three meats.
- 1 (12-inch) loaf round focaccia bread
- 1 (15-ounce) jar pizza or tomato sauce
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 ounces pepperoni, sliced
- 6 to 8 ounces
- 4 ounces ham, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces turkey, thinly slices
- 4 ounces Genoa salami, thinly sliced
- 6 to 8 ounces provolone, sliced
- 6 to
8 ounces mild cheddar cheese, sliced
- Slice bread crosswise and place cut-side up on cookie sheet.
- Spread pizza sauce
on both halves, reserving 1/4 cup sauce.
- Layer top half with mushrooms, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese.
- Layer bottom half with deli meats, provolone and cheddar cheeses.
- Place under hot broiler 4 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from broiler.
- Place halves of sandwich together.
- Cut into 8 pie-shape wedges and serve with remaining pizza sauce for dipping.
Recipe submitted by Tony Thornton of South Bend, Indiana.
Recipe used with permission from
the American Dairy Association.