Buffalo-Style Beef Tacos
Family favorite tacos get a flavor update with wing sauce, blue cheese, celery
- 1 pound ground beef (95% lean)
- 1/4 cup cayenne pepper sauce for Buffalo wings
- 8 taco shells
- 1 cup thinly sliced lettuce
- 1/4 cup reduced fat or regular prepared
blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons
chopped fresh cilantro
- Carrot and celery sticks or cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add ground beef; cook
8 to 10 minutes, breaking into small crumbles and stirring occasionally.
from skillet with slotted spoon; pour off drippings.
- Return to skillet; stir in
pepper sauce. Cook and stir 1 minute or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, heat taco shells according to package directions.
- Evenly spoon beef mixture into taco shells.
- Add lettuce; drizzle with dressing.
- Top evenly with carrot, celery and cilantro.
- Garnish with carrot and celery
sticks or cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Total Recipe Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Test Kitchen Tips: Cooking times are for fresh
or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature
of 160 degrees F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
Reprinted with permission from
Cattlemen's Beef Board.