Chicken Taco Pita Pockets
- 1 small avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 pita breads (about 3 1/2 inches in diameter)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- Sprinkle avocado slices with lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Mix chicken, chiles, onion, oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt in 1-quart
microwavable casserole. Cover tightly and microwave on HIGH
for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes until chicken is
- Split each pita halfway around edge with knife. Separate to
form pocket. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture into
each pita. Top with cheese, lettuce and avocado.
- Serve with sour cream and taco sauce.
Makes 8 sandwiches
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.