Cool Shrimp Tacos
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1-ounce package taco seasoning mix, divided
- 1 cup seedless cucumber, diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled, deveined and cooked
- Butter lettuce leaves, torn
- 2 cups Wisconsin Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 12 flour tortillas
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream and 2 tablespoons of the taco seasoning
mix; mix well.
- Stir in cucumbers, onions, avocados and lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, toss shrimp and remaining taco seasoning mix together.
- Serve family-style with individual bowls for the sour cream mixture, shrimp,
lettuce, salsa and cheese.
- Top each tortilla with sour cream mixture and shrimp.
Garnish with cheese and salsa.
Recipe and photo credit: Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin