Mediterranean Mushroom Tacos
The tahini sauce is a perfect complement to lend creamy deliciousness to these satisfying, umami rich Mediterranean Mushroom Tacos.
- 1 (10 ounce) package Crimini mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed using a garlic press
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sauteed mushroom blend (ingredients above)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- Wash mushrooms well and dice using a chef’s knife.
- Heat 2 cloves minced garlic in 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil for one minute.
- Add mushrooms and saute until mushrooms are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add turmeric, basil, cumin, pepper and salt to mushrooms and saute an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Mix 1 clove minced garlic with lemon juice and tahini to form the tahini sauce.
- Heat corn tortillas in microwave for 15-20 seconds, until soft and pliable.
- Place 1/4 of the mushroom blend on each tortilla. Top with tomatoes, cucumbers and 1/4 of tahini sauce mixture.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
The Mushroom Council
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.