Mexi-Asian Tacos with Smoky Cheese
- 1/4 cup red chili paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons white (distilled) vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pound pork tenderloin *, sliced in thin strips
- 6 taco-size corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 jar prepared kimchi, cut in strips
- 2/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 6 radishes, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cups Wisconsin chipotle jack cheese, shredded
- Sriracha sauce, optional
* Boned, skinned chicken thighs can be substituted.
- In medium bowl, mix chili paste, brown sugar, vinegar and sesame oil.
- Add meat strips and stir to coat all over.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Drain meat and brush off seeds (or leave if you prefer quite hot).
- Heat medium nonstick skillet over medium and spray with cooking spray.
- Lay the meat flat in the skillet; do not crowd.
- Work in batches, turning once. Do not overcook or meat will be dry.
- Divide meat among the six tortillas, slightly off center.
- Top with kimchi to taste, then cilantro, scallions and radishes.
- Place 1/4 cup chipotle jack over each and sprinkle with sriracha sauce, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 tacos
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.