Mozzarella Veggie Pitas
Option: Use two forks to pull 1 cup store-bought rotisserie chicken and add to pitas.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated diced potatoes with onion
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons dill relish
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package broccoli slaw
- Salt and pepper
- 3 pitas, cut in half
- 1 cup shredded Wisconsin mozzarella cheese
- In medium skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Add potatoes and cook until golden and crisp, 12 to 15 minutes, turning as necessary.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, whisk together sour cream, cider vinegar and dry mustard.
- Stir in relish and green onions; mix well.
- Stir in broccoli slaw.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff each pita half with potatoes, top with broccoli slaw then with mozzarella cheese.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin