This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
A California version of the classic Greek sauce. Use on your favorite gyro, falafel,
or pita sandwich or as a fresh veggie dip.
- 1 large avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the avocado, garlic, lemon juice, sour cream and cucumber.
Mash with a fork until smooth.
- If your avocado is not quite ripe enough, you may
wish to use a food processor.
- Season with red pepper flakes, cilantro, mint, salt
and pepper, and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.