- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup chopped peeled tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon mashed garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup capers, washed and drained
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven and sauté onion with tomatoes. Cook, stirring often,
over low heat.
- Add garlic and tarragon and season with salt and pepper.
- Add water, bouillon granules, sugar and all but 2 tablespoons of the capers. Cook, covered,
for 3 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a blender and puree.
- To use, pour over cooked meat or chicken and heat in a 350 degree F oven until
- Arrange on a serving platter, pour sauce over all, and garnish with reserved
It is also good with cooked shrimp.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sauce Recipes