As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup chopped peeled tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon mashed garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup capers, washed and drained
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven and sauté onion with tomatoes. Cook, stirring often,
over low heat.
- Add garlic and tarragon and season with salt and pepper.
- Add water, bouillon granules, sugar and all but 2 tablespoons of the capers. Cook, covered,
for 3 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a blender and puree.
- To use, pour over cooked meat or chicken and heat in a 350 degree F oven until
- Arrange on a serving platter, pour sauce over all, and garnish with reserved
It is also good with cooked shrimp.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sauce Recipes