Cranberry Bourbon Relish
This can be made several days in advance.
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 1 package fresh cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- In small nonreactive saucepan, combine bourbon, shallots and orange zest. Bring
to a boil over medium heat. Lower heat and simmer until bourbon is reduced to a syrupy glaze.
- Add cranberries and sugar, stirring until the sugar is dissolved and the cranberries burst open, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in pepper.
Yield: 7 servings