Cranberry Bourbon Relish
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 1 package fresh cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- In small nonreactive saucepan, combine bourbon, shallots and orange zest. Bring
to a boil over medium heat. Lower heat and simmer until bourbon is reduced to a
- Add cranberries and sugar, stirring until the sugar is dissolved and
the cranberries burst open, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in pepper.
Makes 7 servings.
Can be made several days in advance.