Firecracker Cherry Walnut Salsa
- 2 cups Northwest fresh sweet cherries, pitted and quartered
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup fresh white or yellow corn kernels or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 or 2 jalapeno peppers, halved, seeded and finely chopped (2 to 4 tablespoons) or 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped canned jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted California walnuts
- In medium bowl, combine cherries, onion, corn, jalapeno pepper, parsley, balsamic
vinegar, gingerroot and salt. Stir and toss together with spoon or fork to mix ingredients
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Before serving, stir in walnuts.
Makes about 3 cups.
Nutritional analysis per tablespoon: 13 calories, 0g protein, 2g carbohydrates,
0g fiber, 12mg sodium, 0mg cholesterol, 1g total fat, 0g saturated fat
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.