This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Foolproof Hollandaise Sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- Salt, red pepper and paprika, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- Pour water in top of double boiler.
- Heat water and add salt, red pepper, paprika and lemon juice.
- Dissolve cornstarch in small amount of cold water. Add to seasoned
water, stirring constantly. Remove from heat when slightly thickened.
- Stir egg yolks
and 1 tablespoon butter into mixture and place over hot water until thickened.
- Before serving, add 2 tablespoons butter.
- Can be reheated over hot, not boiling, water for 5 minutes.
Yields 1 cup.