Fresh Tomato Sauce
If you grow your own tomatoes, this is the way to go. It's wonderful frozen and
you can add ground beef, sausage or leave it vegetarian.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 28 ounces FRESH tomatoes (cored and seeded; no need to peel)
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Sauté all vegetables in oil; add tomatoes, paste, sugar, salt, pepper and vinegar;
simmer 1 hour.
- Add all herbs and cook 1 hour more or until thick.
Posted by chldls at recipegoldmine.com.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sauce Recipes