- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or mild vinegar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Few grains of cayenne
- Put egg yolks in the top of a double boiler. Beat with a wire whisk until smooth
but not fluffy.
- Add lemon juice or mild vinegar, butter or margarine, hot water,
salt and cayenne pepper.
- Set over very low heat in the double boiler.
- Beat until
the sauce begins to thicken (about 5 minutes).
- The sauce will thicken more as it
cools. Don't heat up to a boil if it cools before serving.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.