As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or mild vinegar
- 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Few grains of cayenne pepper
- Put egg yolks in the top of a double boiler. Beat with a wire whisk until smooth
but not fluffy.
- Add lemon juice or mild vinegar, butter or margarine, hot water,
salt and cayenne pepper.
- Set over very low heat in the double boiler.
- Beat until the sauce begins to thicken (about 5 minutes).
- The sauce will thicken more as it
cools. Don't heat up to a boil if it cools before serving.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sauce Recipes