Jalapeno White Sauce
Use warm or cold as a dip;
or serve as a sauce over fish, chicken or pasta.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chicken base
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno juice or vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 finely minced jalapeno
- 2 ounces shredded Monterey jack or Monterey jack/
- Beat whipping cream over a high heat.
- Add sour cream as soon as whipping cream
begins to boil. Reduce to medium heat when sour cream dissolves.
- Stir in chicken
base and jalapeno juice. Simmer.
- Make a roux by melting the butter, adding the flour and whisking until mixture
turns a pale gold color.
- Add roux to cream mixture, whisking constantly until incorporated.
- Remove from heat and stir in jalapenos and cheese.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sauce Recipes