Do not use canned pineapple in this recipe — only fresh pineapple will
- 1 cup very ripe peeled, cored, and diced pineapple
- 2 teaspoons grated piloncillo
- 1 teaspoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 serrano chiles, minced
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped
red bell pepper
- Juice of 1 Mexican lime
- 1 tablespoon finely minced cilantro
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Taste and add more lime and chiles as needed.
- To cook it, mix all ingredients together except the lime and cilantro. Bring
to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cool, then add lime juice and cilantro.
at room temperature.