Raspberry Pineapple Salsa
- 3 cloves garlic
- 12 ounces frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple,
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped fine
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons
jalapeno pepper, seeds and stem removed, minced*
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 1 1/2
teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
* Adjust for desired degree of
- In a small skillet over medium high heat, place garlic cloves and continuously
move the skillet to toast garlic cloves on all sides until soft and skin is browned.
- Remove from heat, cool, remove skin and mash garlic.
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mash berry mixture gently with the back of a fork or potato masher. Allow the
berries to release some of the juice while leaving some whole berries in the salsa.
- Stir the ingredients together so they are well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour for flavors to blend.
Yield: 3 cups or 12 (1/4 cup) servings
Reprinted with permission from
the National Processed Raspberry Council.