- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded orange peel
- 6 cups rhubarb, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup sweet onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- In a medium, nonstick saucepan, combine the sugar, water and orange peel. Bring
to a boil over high heat.
- Add the sliced rhubarb and reduce the heat to medium.
Simmer gently until the rhubarb is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- When cool, transfer mixture to a food processor
fitted with a steel blade, or to a blender and process until smooth.
- Scrape the
puree into a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Yields about 4 cups. Serve with chicken or turkey or as salad topping.