Roasted Green Chile Hollandaise
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces butter, very soft or melted
- 3 tablespoons minced roasted green chile
- 1 scallion, minced
- Pinch cayenne
- In a bowl fitted into a sauce pan with barely simmering water, whisk the yolks
with the lemon juice until light and frothy.
- Whisk in the butter in 2-tablespoon
increments. The sauce will seem thin at first, but continue to whisk until the sauce
thickens. Be careful not to overcook because the eggs will scramble.
- When sauce
is thick, remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 2 cups.
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 11/28/2001 9:54 am.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.