Roasted Tomato Coulis
Serve over pasta, or make it thicker for use on bruschetta or as a dip.
- 1 pint small grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drizzle olive oil over a baking sheet pan and roll the tomatoes around on it
to coat them with olive oil. Place them in the oven and watch so they do not burn.
Begin watching closely at about 15 minutes. They should have given up all their
liquid and begun to shrivel up.
- Remove the tomatoes and let them cool.
- When cool enough to handle, scrape all
of them in a blender and add the fresh basil.
- Puree, then open the top of the blender
and gradually add additional olive oil to emulsify the mixture to the consistency
There will be about 1 pint of coulis.