Tropical Sunrise Salsa
A light, fresh-tasting salsa that has "the gorgeous pink, salmon and yellow
hues of the dawn sky over Biscayne Bay."
- 1/2 ripe papaya (about 1/2 pound), seeded, skinned and cut into small dice
- 1/2 ripe mango, seeded, skinned, and cut into small dice
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple (canned pineapple will do)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into small dice
- 1 or 2 jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 4 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 to 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil or fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine papaya, mango, pineapple, cucumber, jalapenos, green onions, basil or
mint and lime juice in small glass bowl. Toss gently just to combine.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, for up to 1 hour.
Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
If making further head of time, add papaya and pineapple just before serving,
or they will make salsa watery.
Source: Mmmmiami: Tempting Tropical Tastes for Home Cooks Everywhere
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sauce Recipes