Basil Garlic Croutons
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 cups French-style bread, cut into small cubes
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons basil, dried
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the basil and garlic to the warm melted butter. Allow to steep for 20 minutes
(off the heat).
- Strain the butter through a fine mesh. Place in a mixing bowl. Toss in the bread
cubes and mix well. Place the bread cubes in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Bake
for four to seven minutes (or until lightly brown).
- Allow to cool. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
Yields 4 cups.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 21, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Make It From Scratch Recipes