Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil
- 3 pounds ripe plum tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Heat oven to 150 degrees F.
- Rinse tomatoes in warm water and pat dry. Cut lengthwise and place, cut side
up, on a cake rack over a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
- Place racks of tomatoes
in the oven and leave the door ajar about 4 inches. Check temperature every 2 hours
and turn the pans to ensure even drying. Turn the oven off for 30 minutes if the
temperature rises over 150 degrees F.
- Dry for 12 hours or until tomatoes are flexible,
but not moist. Cool.
- Pack dried tomatoes in a sterilized glass jar, cover with olive oil, and store
in a cool, dry place for 1 month before using.
Use tomatoes with mozzarella cheese and fresh basil. Always save the oil and
use it in salads.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Make It From Scratch Recipes