- 1 pound roasted Oregon hazelnuts (3 1/2 cups)
- 6 tablespoons egg whites (about 3 large)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons hazelnut liqueur
- Coarsely chop the hazelnuts.
- In a food processor or blender, finely grind about
1/3 of the nuts at a time, until mealy.
- Add egg whites, confectioners' sugar
and liqueur. Blend until paste forms.
- Wrap and store in a covered container, up
to 2 weeks.
Yield: 2 to 3 cups
Source: Oregon Hazelnut Industry and The Hazelnut Marketing Institute
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Make It From Scratch Recipes