- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar (or use regular sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment.
- Mix together the flours, sugar, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon in a large
bowl or in the food processor. Cut the butter into these dry ingredients until the
mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Dissolve the honey in the warm water. Add to the flour mixture and blend to form
a dough that will hold together in a cohesive ball. Divide the dough into 2 equal
- On a floured surface or pastry cloth, roll each ball of dough out to about 3/16-inch
thick. With a sharp knife, cut into 2 x 3-inch rectangles. Prick each one all the
way through in 3 or 4 places with the tines of a fork. Place the crackers on the
prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until light brown.
- Cool on a rack.
Yields 35 to 40 honey Grahams.