This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 to 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3-5 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 whole boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped small
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 medium head and stems broccoli, chopped small
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Dough: Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar. Let it set for a few minutes
until foamy (if you're using fast-rise yeast, you can just add the yeast with
the flour and go on). Then stir in oil, salt, and flour. Knead 5 minutes. Let sit
- Divide dough into 6 pieces. Roll/pat each piece into a 6-inch circle. Top half
of each circle with filling of choice, keeping back from edges so it will seal well.
Fold the other 1/2 of circle over the filling and pinch sides together or seal with
- Prick a couple steam vents in the tops, and bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees
- Fill this with a little pizza sauce, then mushrooms, pepperoni, cheese, etc.
OR with cream soup, chopped cooked chicken and steamed broccoli and some shredded
cheese, OR ham cubes and cheese or cheese sauce OR leftover stew, chili, etc. OR
use the recipe below.
- Chicken-Vegetable Filling: Combine onion and garlic in a skillet. Add chicken,
and cook until done. Add remaining ingredients until warmed.
These hot pockets freeze well.