This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1/2 cup instant or "quick-cooking" oatmeal
- 1/2 cup water or milk
- 1/4 cup or less of sugar (to taste)
- Dried fruits of your choice - raisins, blueberries, cherries, apples, apricots, dates, etc.
- Fresh fruit if you like - bananas, berries, etc.
- Spices - cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, depending on what combination you are making
- Squirt of honey, jam, or chopped fruit for garnish
- Combine all ingredients according to taste.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes, until oatmeal is thickened.
- Garnish as desired (with honey, syrup, chopped bananas, marshmallows, sprinkles,
Possible combinations: Apples and cinnamon, pumpkin pie (use canned pumpkin or
pumpkin pie spice), peaches and cream, strawberries and cream, peanut butter and
jelly, tropical (bananas, pineapple, mangoes, dates, coconut, whatever you have),
lemon-blueberry, maple syrup and brown sugar, maple syrup and pecans.