This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Beat egg whites until foamy. Beat in sugar gradually and continue beating until
- Fold in egg yolks, beaten until thick; add vanilla extract and hot water.
- Fold in flour sifted with salt and baking powder. Put into lady finger tins, sprinkle
with confectioners' sugar and bake for 8 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Remove from tins while hot. Brush the flat surface of half the cakes with egg
white and sandwich in pairs.
- Or press batter through a tube in portions 1 inch wide
by 5 inches long on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Bake as above.