Low Fat Yogurt
- 4 cups powdered skim milk
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- Granulated sugar to taste
- 1/2 cup yogurt (with active yogurt and L. acidophilis cultures)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F. Turn off.
- Put 4 cups warm water in a large kettle. Slowly stir in the powdered milk; add
2 1/3 cups more warm water. Soften the gelatin in 1 tablespoon cold water. Add 1
cup boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add to milk mixture. Add
sugar to taste. Stir yogurt into milk mixture until well-blended. Pour into sterilized
jars. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Place containers on a baking sheet. Put
in oven for at least 3 hours and as long as overnight, until yogurt is set.
- Put regular covers on the jars and keep refrigerated.
Makes 2 quarts.
Line a sieve with cheesecloth. Invert
container of yogurt in sieve. Refrigerate overnight or until liquid has drained
off. Put back in covered container and keep refrigerated.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Make It From Scratch Recipes