Sazon Preparado (Prepared Seasoning)
Sazon Preparado is used to flavor stews, beans, rice and vegetables. Easy to make and useful to have on hand.
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 cup scallions, chopped, both green and white parts
- 1/2 cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- Combine all ingredients and blend, bit by bit, to a puree in blender.
- Pour into saucepan and simmer, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
- Cool and bottle.
Yield: 6 cups