Many Latin dishes call for Sazon. Turmeric is what makes the rice yellow when you make yellow rice. The great thing about making your own is that it doesn't contain MSG.
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground tumeric or annatto seeds (achiote)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- Mix all of the ingredients together and store in an airtight container.
1 1/2 teaspoons of Sazon Seasoning Mix equals one packet of store bought