Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon instant, minced onion
- 1 teaspoon green pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon instant, minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Combine all ingredients until evenly distributed.
Makes one package.
To make Sloppy Joes, brown 1 pound ground beef in a skillet over medium heat.
Drain excess grease. Add 1 package Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix, 1/2 cup water and 1
cup tomato sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve over toasted hamburger buns.