This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1 quart strawberries, washed, hulled and lightly crushed (or use frozen berries)
- 3 quarts distilled white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Place the berries in a large container.
- Heat the vinegar to boiling, then pour over the fruit.
- Add the sugar, cover and store in a cool place out of direct sunlight.
- After the mixture has infused for at least 2 weeks, filter through cheesecloth
or a very fine strainer into clean jars or bottles.
- Store in a cool, dark place to retain the color.
Yields about 3 quarts.