Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed, dried red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried, minced onion
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl until evenly distributed.
- Spoon mixture
onto a 6-inch square of aluminum foil and fold to make airtight or store in a jar
with a tight-fitting lid. Label.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Use within 6 months.
Makes 1 package (about 2 tablespoons).
To make taco filling, brown 1 pound ground beef in a skillet over medium-high
heat. Drain excess grease. Add 1/2 cup water and 1 package Taco Seasoning mix. Reduce
heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Makes filling for 8 to 10 tacos.