The Ultimate Taco Seasoning Mix
- 6 tablespoons minced onion
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Using a mini food processor (a blender would probably work, too), chop the minced
onions until smaller.
- Put the remaining ingredients in with the minced onions and
process until you have a powder with mini pieces of onion.
- Label and use within 6 months.
Yield: 3 batches
To make this REALLY REALLY spicy, add 1/8 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
to the blender. (Try the recipe as is first, before adding the red pepper flakes.)
3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon is equal to one store bought package of taco seasoning
To Use: Combine 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon mix with 1 pound cooked meat. Add
1/2 cup water; stir. Cook on low, covered, for about 10 minutes.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine June 1, 2001.