- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend sugar and extract in bowl.
- Spread on wax paper-lined tray to dry.
- Let stand for about 4 hours.
- Place in plastic bag. Seal. Use a rolling pin to crush.
- Store in an airtight container.
Other flavoring choices:
To make vanilla sugar using a vanilla bean, store 1 or more vanilla beans
in a tightly closed jar of granulated sugar for a few weeks.
Vanilla sugar keeps indefinitely. You can simply add more sugar to the jar as
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine June 4, 2001.