Eggplant, Portobello and Meatball “Parm” Dinner
This one pan comfort food mash-up is sure to satisfy. It is a sort of like a cross between Eggplant and Meatball Parmigiana, except without all the dishes! And it’s made with Cabot Mozzarella and Alpine Cheddar for extra cheesiness.
Prep: 15 min | Cook: 30 min | Serves: 4, about 1 3/4 cups each
For ease of preparation, we’ve skipped the fussy breading and frying and instead we’ve diced up the vegetables and roasted them right along with the meatballs on a baking sheet.
- 1 pound frozen meatballs, preferably Italian Style, about 12 large or 24 small
- 2 Portobello mushrooms, stems removed (gills scraped out if desired) and diced
- 6 cups cubed eggplant (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup Cabot Mozzarella Whole-Milk Shredded Cheese
- 4 ounces Cabot Alpine Cheddar, shredded (about 1 cup)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss meatballs, mushrooms, eggplants, onion, olive oil, salt, basil and oregano in a large bowl until the vegetables are coated with the oil and herbs. Spread out on a large rimmed sheet pan. Transfer to the oven and bake, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened and the meatballs are heated through, about 25 minutes.
- Drizzle marinara sauce over the vegetables and meatballs. Top with Cabot Mozzarella and Cabot Alpine Cheddar and return to the oven. Bake until the sauce is hot and the cheese is melted, 5 to 10 minutes.
Recipe and photo courtesy of
Recipe and photo used with permission from: