Parmesan Chicken with Caesar Roasted Romaine
- 4 (7-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, Pecorino or Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped, divided
- 2 large hearts of romaine, halved lengthwise
- 4 anchovy fillets packed in oil, drained, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; place on prepared sheet.
- Combine cheese, panko, 2 tablespoons oil, parsley and 1 garlic clove in
a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Pat panko mixture onto breasts.
- Roast chicken until crumbs begin to turn golden, about 10 minutes.
- Drizzle romaine with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with remaining 1 chopped
garlic clove. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove sheet from oven; place romaine around chicken. Roast until chicken
is cooked through and lettuce is browned at edges, about 5 minutes.
- Divide among plates. Top lettuce with anchovies; garnish with lemon wedges
for squeezing over.
Yield: 4 servings