Sheet Pan Fish and Chips
Please your palate with a fish-and-chips recipe that’s full of flavor. This dish’s
major perk is the convenience of a single pan for cooking (no frying required).
And the great flavors of OLD BAY® and McCormick® Tartar Sauce.
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 5 teaspoons OLD BAY® Seasoning, divided
- 1 pound cod fillets, cut into 4 x 2-inch pieces
- 2 large russet potatoes, cut into wedges (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- McCormick® Original Tartar Sauce for Seafood
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix buttermilk and 1 teaspoon of the OLD BAY in large resealable plastic
bag. Add fish; seal bag. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Toss potatoes and oil in large bowl. Sprinkle with another 2 teaspoons of
OLD BAY; toss to coat evenly. Spread potatoes in single layer on foil-lined
15x10x1-inch baking pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes,
turning potatoes halfway through cooking. Remove pan from oven. Push potatoes
to outside edge of pan. Set aside.
- Place flour in a shallow dish.
- Beat egg, another 1 teaspoon of OLD BAY and
1 teaspoon water in a separate shallow dish.
- Mix cornflake crumbs and remaining
1 teaspoon OLD BAY in another shallow dish.
- Remove fish from buttermilk mixture, allowing excess to drip off into bag.
- Coat fish in flour, shaking off excess flour. Dip into egg mixture, then press
into cornflake mixture until evenly coated. Discard any remaining flour, egg
and cornflake mixtures. Place fish on a wire rack in center of pan with the
- Bake for 15 minutes or until fish is golden brown and flakes easily with
a fork and potatoes are tender.
- Serve fish with potatoes and tartar sauce, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition Information (per serving): 362 calories 85mg cholesterol 745mg
sodium 28g protein 6g total fat 1g saturated fat 4g fiber 49g carbohydrates
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.