Teriyaki Tofu Stir Fry
Teriyaki-glazed tofu and a mix of corn, snap peas and red bell pepper cook on sheet pans in this easy stir fry-inspired vegan meal.
Prep: 20 min | Cook: 20 min | Yield: 4 servings
The hands-off cooking means no grease splattering stovetop cooking, and you're free to cook up a pot of rice while everything else is in the oven. Save leftovers for a satisfying lunch during the week!
- 1 (14 to 16 ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic chili sauce, such as Sriracha (optional)
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can Del Monte® Whole Kernel Corn, well drained
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas (1 generous cup or half of 8 ounce bag), tough strings removed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds (optional)
- Heat oven 450 degrees F.
- Place tofu cubes on a large plate lined with paper towels to dry; set aside. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Stir together teriyaki sauce, sesame oil and garlic chili sauce in a large bowl. Transfer dry tofu to one of the baking sheets; drizzle with 1/4
cup of the sauce and toss gently to coat. Arrange into a single layer with none of the pieces touching.
- On the second baking sheet, place drained corn, snap peas and bell pepper; toss with vegetable oil and spread into an even layer.
- Bake vegetables on upper rack and tofu on lower rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn tofu with tongs and stir vegetables. Bake for another 10 minutes, until tofu is golden brown and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, combine rice and 1 1/4 cups water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover; reduce heat to the lowest
setting, and cook undisturbed for 15 minutes, until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat; let sit, covered, 5 to 10 minutes.
- When tofu and vegetables are done, transfer both to the bowl with remaining sauce; add half of the green onions and toss to combine.
- Fluff rice with a fork. Serve stir-fry over rice, garnished with remaining green onions and, if desired, sesame seeds and more hot sauce.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: