Easy vegetarian Acorn Aplenty recipe makes for a beautiful presentation. Surprise your guests at your next holiday gathering, or treat your family to a quick meal any day of the week.
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Yield: 4 servings
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can Del Monte® Cream Style Golden Corn
- 2 acorn squash
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup coarsely crushed saltine or Graham crackers
- Pierce squash in several places. In microwave, cook on HIGH for 6 minutes.
- Carefully slice 1/4 inch off ends and cut in half crosswise; remove seeds. Place cut side up in microwavable dish. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 7 to 9 minutes or until tender.
- Combine corn and onion; spoon into squash.
- Combine melted butter, sugar and cinnamon.
- Stir in pecans and crumbs.
- Sprinkle over filled squash.
- Microwave on HIGH for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: