Acorn Squash with Pineapple
- 1 large acorn squash
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, canned in its own juice, drained
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut squash in half and remove the seeds. Place each half, cut side down, on a baking sheet.
- Bake the squash for 45 to 60 minutes until soft and tender.
- Turn the acorn squash over and scoop out all the squash.
- In a bowl, mix the squash with all the remaining ingredients
- Place in a casserole dish and bake for 5 more minutes, until pineapple bubbles.
Yield: 6 servings