- 1 (15 ounce) bag seasoned stuffing mix
- 8 ounces dried apricots
- 6 ounces or more sliced almonds
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 cup minced celery
- 1/2 cup apple or orange juice
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 cups vegetable broth, heated
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Reconstitute the apricots by soaking in a small bowl of hot water for 10
minutes; drain, blot and snip into slivers with kitchen scissors.
- Toast the almonds in a small dry skillet, stirring constantly so they don't
burn. Remove from pan. In the same skillet, heat the juice. Add the celery and
onion and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Using a large mixing bowl, toss the stuffing mix with the almonds and apricots,
then add the celery-onion-juice mix. Stir in the egg and egg white, then add
the vegetable broth slowly, stopping when the mixture is holding together, but
not soggy wet.
- Coat a 2-quart oblong baking dish with cooking spray. Mound mixture into
dish, then dot with pea-size pieces of butter or margarine.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.