This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1 (15 ounce) bag seasoned stuffing mix
- 8 ounces dried apricots
- 6 ounces or more sliced almonds
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 cup minced celery
- 1/2 cup apple or orange juice
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 cups vegetable broth, heated
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Reconstitute the apricots by soaking in a small bowl of hot water for 10
minutes; drain, blot and snip into slivers with kitchen scissors.
- Toast the almonds in a small dry skillet, stirring constantly so they don't
burn. Remove from pan. In the same skillet, heat the juice. Add the celery and
onion and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Using a large mixing bowl, toss the stuffing mix with the almonds and apricots,
then add the celery-onion-juice mix. Stir in the egg and egg white, then add
the vegetable broth slowly, stopping when the mixture is holding together, but
not soggy wet.
- Coat a 2-quart oblong baking dish with cooking spray. Mound mixture into
dish, then dot with pea-size pieces of butter or margarine.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.